my favorite tidbit about rome is that in the mid-1800s one of the popes didnt like the statues in rome having dicks so he ordered them knocked off. fast forward to the last decade or so and art historians in conjunction with the vatican are trying to erm. restore. the statues. but the dicks were just. kept in a box. so art historians are going around rome, with a box of dicks, trying to match them up to their owner.
"Guys, we can’t just…. throw them away. But they’re private dicks, you can’t just have them hanging out. Put them in this box, maybe we’ll take them out for parties or something…"
today at work someone tipped me a potato
in some countries that is a marriage proposal
Even the potato looks confused
my hand slipped.
I was tagged by justmakeitstop
Rule #1 always post the rules.
Rule #2 answer the questions the person who tagged you asked, then write 11 new ones.
Rule #3 tag 11 people then link them in the post.
Rule #4 tell them you tagged them.
Rule #5 tell the person that tagged you that you’ve answered the questions.
1. Assuming you could only do one thing for fun for the rest of your life. What is that one thing?
Dancing Badly with friends/family.
2. If you could dye your hair any color and it would look perfect on you, what color would you dye it?
I really miss my indigo/purple hair I had at 15, I’d like that back.
3. Given money is no object, where would you live?
I used to want to live in Ireland, and for a long time I thought I would surely end up back in Seattle at some point, but right now, my life is really good here in Vegas, so I’m thinking I’d live here, but in a sweet ass bungalow with amazing AC and a pool (and someone to clean the pool, because: LAZY).
4. What thing have you always wanted to do but not been able to for whatever reason?
My own hair. Lord knows I have TRIED for so long, but I just can’t seem to make with the good hair.
5. You come across your favorite celebrity in your local bar, what do you say to them?
EWAN!!!!!!! I’ve loved you in everything you’ve ever been in, even when you crawled into a toilet in Trainspotting. Is that weird? Is this weird? I’m being weird aren’t I? Can I buy you a drink just to say I did and then walk away really fast? *whispers* I love your face.
6. Oh my gosh! Hogwarts is real! What house do you think you’ll be sorted into? (Not the one you want, but the one you think you’d actually get.)
Hufflepuff, all the way. Close to the kitchen, based on the principals of being kind to people, the total mediators of Hogwarts. No doubt in my mind where I’d be.
7. What crazy thing have you done out of love, lust or affection?
Every single crazy thing I have done has been out of love, lust or affection! Um… I once said yes to a marriage proposal in an Airport without ever even kissing the dude, and then I went through with it! It didn’t go well…
8. What would the title of your memoir be?
A Strange Bit of Fortune
9. Would you ever move somewhere sight unseen if you were promised your dream job? Even if it was like, Kansas or something?
I think I might. But only if they set me up with housing as well. I can land solidly on my feet anywhere as long as I have a place to lay down at the end of the day.
10. What was your first email address name?
Nelvet (fun fact: Nelvet is short for Night Velvet, which I thought, at 15, was quite sexy and mysterious).
11. You can spend a year living in your favorite work of fiction, what is it?
Still Life With Woodpecker, I will be a princess of a forgotten country, living in exile in Seattle, in an old Craftsman home surrounded by blackberry bushes, vacationing in Hawaii, falling in love with a dangerous fellow, being a redhead, guided by the moon, having a brief tryst with a sheikh… typical Saturday really.
Okay, I’m not tagging anyone, much less 11 people, because that’s obnoxious, but anyone who wishes to can answer these:
1. Tell me about the person you were closest to as a child, no relatives.
2. Speaking of your childhood, do you still keep anything from when you were young? What is it? Why are you hanging on to it?
3. When you’re looking to snack on something, what do you always hope to see when you open the cabinet/fridge?
4. What is your least favorite household chore?
5. What is your favorite smell?
6. If you had a child (or if you already do) what song would you sing to them when they were sad?
7. Unicorns of Pegasuses? Why?
8. What non traditional but very real animal would you like to have as a pet?
9. Casual Crowns, Yes or YAAAAAAAAS?
10. What is your most often recurring dream or dream theme?
11. Which do you like better: sunlight or moonlight? Why?
i was looking for free furniture but maybe thats not what i was meant to find
Its called the Death Waltz, and was written as a joke but people have attempted it on piano.
Saxes move downstage.
SWEET JESUS CLICK THAT
sounds like a goddamn boss theme.
Bless the technology that allowed this to be heard,because that is INTENSE!
'Excuse me sir, do you have a towel?'
Dear Universe, I demand a companion raccoon. DEMAND. My birthday isn’t until June, you’ve got time to sort this out.
This blog has been needing some fat mermen. Phew. What a relief!
Come to mama!
This scene, for the love of fuck, this scene fucked me up so badly as a child. I was a wreck, I was a shivering mess about it. I was afraid of steam rollers, because that was the only aspect of this scene that had any tangible connection to my life at that time.
Fuck man, I was a mess as a kid.
So happy I totally and 100% have all my shit together now and did not almost scroll past this very quickly out of habit… Nope, totally cool now.
Fun thing: I feel fine when I’m sitting upright, but the second I lay down I feel like vomiting. I wouldn’t normally have a problem just sitting up for the foreseeable future but there’s this thing where it’s 2:30 AM, my kid will be awake in 4 hours, I have to get him ready for school and out the door, and I just straight up do not have time to be sick this week.
UGH. Not pleased…
I love that Tilda Swinton just writes her own back story.
- Me: Todd, take off your clothes.
- Todd: God, I swear I've waited years for someone to say that with such authority.
- Me: Today's your lucky day.
- Todd: *removes shirt, gets distracted talking with fellow band members about Dusty Springfield*
- Me: Todd, I need your pants.
- Todd: Man, I'm usually so eager to take those off when someone asks.
- Me: Don't hold out on me, Todd. I'm an impatient woman when it comes to getting men out of their pants.